Tetracycline Hydrochloride is a hydrochloride salt of tetracycline, it is a broad-spectrum antibiotic used in the treatment of mild-to-moderate infections caused by bacteria.
It is used to treat different bacterial infections of the respiratory tract, reproductive organs, and other body systems. Tetracycline often used in treatment of severe acne and sexually transmitted diseases.
It is also used in treating infections caused by contaminated food and direct contact with animals which are infected. In few cases, tetracycline is used when penicillin or other antibiotics cannot be used for the treatment of serious infections such as Anthrax, Clostridium, Actinomyces, and other infections.
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: Tetracycline is yellow crystalline powder, having no odour.
AVAILABLE STRENGTH : Capsule – 250 mg
For Tetracycline Hydrochloride capsule in India, get in touch with Therawin Formulations.
Tetracycline is used for the treatment of different type of infections, by stopping the growth of bacteria. It is prescribed for treating variety of infections such as Cholera , Chlamydia infection, Brucellosis, Bronchitis, Rickettsial infection and Pneumonia.
SIDE –EFFECTS OF TETRACYCLINE
Common tetracycline side effects include:
- abdominal pain
- loss of appetite
- mouth ulcers
- swollen tongue, black hairy tongue
- sore throat
- Itching or swelling of the rectal or genital areas
If any of these effects persist or worsen, consult your doctor immediately.
This is not a complete list of side effects. Please contact your doctor if you experience any other side effects of the medication.
- Tetracycline should not be used, if you are allergic to it or other similar medicines (for e.g. doxycycline, minocycline)
- Before taking this medication, tell your doctor if you have kidney disease and liver
- Using tetracycline is not recommended during pregnancy. It could harm an unborn baby.
- Tetracycline can make your skin more sensitive to sunlight and sunburn so, you should avoid exposure to sunlight or artificial UV rays. Use a sunscreen and wear protective clothes if you out in the sunlight.